Based in Redmond, Washington
Based in Tempe, Arizona
February 22, 2013
Press / Business Contact:
Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox 360)
Humble Store (PC/Mac/Linux)
Green Man Gaming (PC/Mac/Linux)
Games Republic (PC/Mac/Linux)
Amazon Fire TV
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
The Bridge is a 2D logic puzzle game that forces the player to reevaluate their preconceptions of physics and perspective. It is Isaac Newton meets M. C. Escher. Manipulate gravity to redefine the ceiling as the floor while venturing through impossible architectures. Explore increasingly difficult worlds, each uniquely detailed and designed to leave the player with a pronounced sense of intellectual accomplishment. The Bridge exemplifies games as an art form, with beautifully hand-drawn art in the style of a black-and-white lithograph.
The Bridge was designed from the ground-up to be both an accessible game and an intellectually stimulating experience. With its minimalistic control scheme, gamers and non-gamers alike can focus on the puzzles and challenge of the game without distraction. Each stage of The Bridge provides a new and interesting challenge, building on concepts learned throughout the game. This excellent game design, in unison with fantastic visuals and an immersive environment, has resulted in over a dozen wins and nominations from international independent game competitions, and The Bridge is still receiving praise and attention from the gaming press.
- 48 thought-provoking puzzles, each unique from the rest, all requiring an innovative solution.
- Gravity manipulations, gravitational vortexes, parallel dimensions, and many more mind-bending concepts in a world where the laws of physics are not what they seem.
- M. C. Escher-esque worlds with impossible architecture set in the style of beautifully hand-drawn black-and-white lithographic art.
- An alternate version of the game unlocked after the main storyline has been completed, including challenging alternate versions of each of the 24 main puzzles, along with an alternate ending.
- A time-backtracking system to alleviate any fears of making a mistake.
About The Creators
The Bridge was created by Ty Taylor and Mario Castaņeda. It was started as a project requirement for Ty Taylor's Master of Science degree in Computer Science at Case Western Reserve University, and shortly after the game was started, Mario Castaņeda took the role as the sole artist for his Art minor capstone project at Case Western. The production of The Bridge has continued even after Ty and Mario have graduated to turn the school project into a professional-quality indie game.
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - PAX 10" - Penny Arcade Expo 2012
- "Winner - Achievement in Gameplay" - Indie Game Challenge 2012
- "Winner - Achievement in Art Direction" - Indie Game Challenge 2012
- "Winner - Student Showcase" - Independent Games Festival 2012
- "Winner - Grand Prize" - Unity Windows Store Competition 2014
- "Winner - Best 2D Visuals" - Unity Awards 2014
- "Finalist - Best Gameplay" - Unity Awards 2014
- "Best Platformer of 2013" - The Escapist
- "Winner - Best Art" - Independent Propeller Awards 2012
- "Winner - Grand Prize" - Seattle Independent Game Competition 2012
- "Winner - Grand Prize" - Seattle iFest 2012
- "Winner - Grand Prize" - Redmond Digital Art Festival 2012
- "Nominee - Best Art" - IndieCade 2011
- "Winner - Best Art" - Seattle iFest 2013
- "Nominee - Grand Prize" - Independent Propeller Awards 2012
- "Nominee - Grand Prize" - Develop Indie Showcase 2012
- "Honorable Mention - Innovation" - Dream.Build.Play 2011
- "Honorable Mention - Art" - Independent Games Festival 2013
- "Nominee - Grand Prize" - A.MAZE Indie Connect Festival 2013
Logo & Icon
- "One of the best puzzle games I've played in years...The Bridge is an experience that I haven't had since P.B. Winterbottom and Braid, and it gives both of them a run for their money. 90/100"
- Patrick Hancock, Destructoid
- "I took more away from the experience than I have with any other game in recent memory."
- Joshua Vanderwall, The Escapist
- "The best of the PAX 10"
- James Pikover, VentureBeat
- Adam Sessler, G4
- "I was simply flabbergasted at the complexity and simplicity they present at the same time."
- James Attard, The Indie Game Magazine
- "Makes you feel like you're walking through one of M.C. Escher's sketches."
- Jeff Mattas, Shack News
- "The Bridge won me over with its beautiful, lithographic art-style and inventive mechanics."
- Ben Richardson, Game Front
- "Here's a freely translated Escher quote: "Another lifetime could be filled with all the drawing that I'd like to do." Well, it seems that Ty Taylor and Mario Castaņeda just gave him a head start."
- Jerome van Mulukom, Artful Game